Linking to content on Arkive
- Would you like to embed Arkive content in your website?
- Would you like to link to an individual photo or video?
- Would you like to share our resource with your website or blog visitors?
- Would you like to link to a large number of species pages on Arkive?
- Got a question about linking to Arkive content?
- Useful nature and conservation links
Would you like to embed Arkive content in your website?
To embed Arkive content in your website (including large images), we recommend you use the Arkive API.
Would you like to link to an individual photo or video?
"Portlet" image and video links
We provide code for you to copy and paste to your site to create thumbnail image links.
Below is a quick and easy way to create thumbnail photo and video links to Arkive on your website or blog.
- Go to the species page with the photo or video that you are interested in, for instance, a tiger video.
- Click “link to this image” / “link to this video” towards the bottom right hand side of the photo or video.
- A popup with code will appear which you can select, copy and paste into the html of your website.
Would you like to share our resource with your website or blog visitors?
Text links to https://www.arkive.org/ will direct visitors to the homepage of the Arkive website. You may want to add more information about the Arkive project. Here is some suggested text:
- Arkive – endangered species photos, videos and facts.
- Arkive is the definitive collection of films, photographs and facts on the world’s threatened species – free to use and an essential conservation communication tool.
If you would like to create a text link to a deeper page, we suggest the following format:
To link to species pages:
*Species name* fact file on Arkive
*Species name* photos, videos and facts on Arkive
To link to topic pages:
*Topic page name* fact file on Arkive
*Eco-region name* case study on Arkive
You could also have an Arkive logo link on your site by using the following code snippet to embed the linked logo into your web page.
Would you like to link to a large number of species pages on Arkive?
For administrators of large database-driven sites we also offer XML feeds that are available for data-harvesting. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Got a question about linking to Arkive content?