Tuesday 18 June
Water opossum (Chironectes minimus)
- The water opossum is a semi aquatic carnivore which feeds on fish, crustaceans and insects.
- The water opossum typically lives in streams and rivers in tropical forests.
- An excellent swimmer, the water opossum has webbed hind feet.
- The water opossum is nocturnal and secretive, and dens are built underground in the river bank.
Water opossum fact file
- Find out more
- Print factsheet
Water opossum description
Information on the water opossum is currently being researched and written and will appear here shortly.
- Also known as
- Cuica De Agua, Perrito De Agua, Raposa De Agua, Yapó. Top
IUCN Red List (March, 2010)
- view the contents of, and Material on, the website;
Water opossum statusTop
This information is awaiting authentication by a species expert, and will be updated as soon as possible. If you are able to help please contact:
Terms and Conditions of Use of Materials
Visitors to this website (End Users) are entitled to:
Additional use of flagged material
Green flagged material
Creative commons material
Any other use