Tuesday 18 June
Tapia tree (Uapaca bojeri)
- The tapia tree is endemic to Madagascar and produces edible fruit.
- A species of silkworm also endemic to Madagascar is known to feed on the tapia tree.
- The tapia tree is resistant to the frequent grassland fires which occur in its habitat.
Tapia tree fact file
- Find out more
- Print factsheet
Tapia tree description
Information on the tapia tree (Uapaca bojeri) is currently being researched and written and will appear here shortly.
- Chorizotheca macrophylla, Uapaca clusiacea. Top
Catalogue of Life (July, 2012)
- view the contents of, and Material on, the website;
Tapia tree status
The tapia tree has not yet been assessed by the IUCN.Top
This information is awaiting authentication by a species expert, and will be updated as soon as possible. If you are able to help please contact:
Terms and Conditions of Use of Materials
Visitors to this website (End Users) are entitled to:
Additional use of flagged material
Green flagged material
Creative commons material
Any other use