Sunday 19 May
Short-snouted seahorse (Hippocampus hippocampus)
- The short-snouted seahorse is one of only two species of seahorse found on the north Atlantic coast of Europe.
- The short-snouted seahorse favours shallow coastal habitats and is known to sometimes use artificial structures as holdfasts.
Short-snouted seahorse fact file
- Find out more
- Print factsheet
Short-snouted seahorse description
Information on the short-snouted seahorse (Hippocampus hippocampus) is currently being researched and written and will appear here shortly.
- Cheval de Mer, Hippocampe, Hippocampe à Museau Court.
- Caballo Marino, Cabalo de Mar.
Short-snouted seahorse statusTop
This information is awaiting authentication by a species expert, and will be updated as soon as possible. If you are able to help please contact:
More »Related species
Play the Team WILD game
Terms and Conditions of Use of Materials
Visitors to this website (End Users) are entitled to:
- view the contents of, and Material on, the website;
Additional use of flagged material
Green flagged material
Creative commons material
Any other use