Tuesday 21 May
Gray langur (Semnopithecus hector)
- The grey langur is native to Bhutan, India and Nepal.
- The grey langur is also known as the Hanuman langur after the monkey-god Hanuman, and is considered sacred in the Hindu religion.
What’s the World’s Favourite Species?Find out here.
Gray langur fact file
- Find out more
- Print factsheet
Gray langur description
Information on the gray langur is currently being researched and written and will appear here shortly.
- Also known as
- Hanuman langur, lesser hill langur, Tarai gray langur, Tarai sacred langur.
- Semnopithecus entellus hector. Top
IUCN Red List (November, 2008)
CITES (November, 2008)
- view the contents of, and Material on, the website;
Gray langur statusTop
This information is awaiting authentication by a species expert, and will be updated as soon as possible. If you are able to help please contact:
Terms and Conditions of Use of Materials
Visitors to this website (End Users) are entitled to:
Additional use of flagged material
Green flagged material
Creative commons material
Any other use