Tuesday 18 June
Geoffroy’s cat (Leopardus geoffroyi)
- Geoffroy’s cat can be found throughout most of the southern half of South America.
- Although Geoffroy's cat is usually spotted, melanistic (dark) individuals also occur.
- From the 1960s to 1980s, Geoffroy’s cat was heavily hunted for its pelt, but the demand died down after 1988.
Geoffroy’s cat fact file
- Find out more
- Print factsheet
Geoffroy’s cat description
Information on the Geoffroy’s cat is currently being researched and written and will appear here shortly.
- Chat De Geoffroy.
- Gato De Mato, Gato Montés Común.
Geoffroy’s cat statusTop
This information is awaiting authentication by a species expert, and will be updated as soon as possible. If you are able to help please contact:
More »Related species
Play the Team WILD game
MyARKive offers the scrapbook feature to signed-up members, allowing you to organize your favourite ARKive images and videos and share them with friends.
Terms and Conditions of Use of Materials
Visitors to this website (End Users) are entitled to:
- view the contents of, and Material on, the website;
Additional use of flagged material
Green flagged material
Creative commons material
Any other use