This fungi bears a convex, beige cap upon a cylindrical stipe (stem) that appears bulbous at the end (2). The cap often carries the remains of a pale, fleecy veil (2). The tightly packed gills are white (2), and the spores are bright white (4).
WARNING: many species of fungus are poisonous or contain chemicals that can cause sickness. Never pick and eat any species of fungus that you cannot positively recognise or are unsure about. Some species are deadly poisonous and can cause death within a few hours if swallowed.
- Stem (stipe) height: 8 cm (2)
- Cap diameter: 3 cm (2)