The Arkive API (Application Programming Interface) offers a range of methods to retrieve certain Arkive data. Extra conditions may apply to some of these methods; please see http://www.arkive.org/api/docs/v1
By using the Arkive API you agree to the following terms.
- All API requests must be accompanied by a personal API key, as explained at http://www.arkive.org/api/docs/v1
- The Arkive portlet API enables users to embed Arkive branded thumbnails, which include the media donor credit, in their website as a link to Arkive.
- Media content must remain hosted on Arkive.
Although Arkive strives for a 24/7 service, we cannot guarantee the availability of the images; inclusion on your website is at your own risk.
Arkive intends to provide the API on an ongoing basis. Although we will endeavour to contact you before any API service is affected, we cannot guarantee the long-term availability of the API services.
Arkive is © Wildscreen. Material contained in www.arkive.org is © Wildscreen or its contributors.
Save as permitted above:
- Users are not permitted to incorporate any copyright material from www.arkive.org into any other work or publication in whatever format.
- Use of the material for the promotional, administrative or commercial purposes of any visitor or establishment (whether educational or otherwise) is not permitted.
Please contact the copyright owners directly (copyright and contact details are shown for each media item) to negotiate terms and conditions for any use other than those expressly permitted above. Please note that many of the contributors to the Arkive project are commercial operators, and may request a fee for such use.
If you have any questions concerning usage of the API or licensing, please email email@example.com